Single level dropdown menus can be created with the bootstrap navbar. These menus can contain icons, separator lines, titles and inactive links.
How to add a dropdown in the main menu
- In the URL field enter a hashtag (#). A proper URL will be ignored as the link is only used to open the submenus (dropdown).
- Enter the menu name that should be displayed in the “Navigation Label” field.
- The submenus are subordinated using drag & drop. You can recognize the submenus from their optical indentation. A further submenu a layer lower is not possible.
Icons in front of a menu link
This is how to place a icon from the icon set Glyphicon Halflings in front of the menu link.
- Enter the word glyphicon-iconname, where iconname is the name of the desired icon, in the Title Attribute field. On the Bootstrap website you can find a list of available icons and their names.
Title under the dropdown menu
To structure a dropdown menu better a title can added within the menu. This is how you add a title.
- Enter a hashtag (#) in the URL field. The title can not be linked. Any entered URLs will be ignored.
- Add the word dropdown-header in the Title Attribute field.
Dividing line in the dropdown menu
This is how a dividing line is added in the dropdown menu.
- Enter a hashtag (#) in the URL field. A proper URL will be ignored and replaced with a line.
- Add the word divider in the Title Attribute field.
Inactive link in the dropdown menu
A inactive link will be greyed out and is not able to be clicked on.
- Enter a hashtag (#) in the URL field.
- Add the word disabled in the Title Attribute field.